The Awards Committee has opened nominations for the 2017 awards to be presented April 5-8 at AROC 2017 in Atlantic City.
Each year, NJAOPS recognizes deserving osteopathic physicians, fellows, residents, interns and medical students who have distinguished themselves by service to their profession, state, community and patients. Some awards recognize achievement annually, while others are granted on a more-limited basis.
NJAOPS members are welcome to complete an online Awards Nomination Ballot.
Physician of the YearA Physician of the Year nominee should be:
- Active in promoting the public health of the community or state through participation in public health programs;
- Active in supporting high standards of osteopathic education;
- Active membership in AOA, NJAOPS and his/her county society for at least ten years;
- Active in contributing to the advancement of the osteopathic profession in New Jersey;
- Active in supporting scientific research through the osteopathic profession.
Special Service AwardRecognition of specific outstanding service to the state, community, osteopathic profession or NJAOPS. Note: Honorary awards may be given to non-NJAOPS members.
Recognition of specific outstanding service to the state, community, osteopathic profession or NJAOPS, but not sufficient to require a Special Service Award. Note: Honorary awards may be given to non-NJAOPS members.