114th Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates, April 14, 2015
The 114th Annual Meeting of the NJAOPS House of Delegates was held at 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at Bally's and Caesars Atlantic City. The agenda included: election of 2015-2016 officers, board of directors, committee members, NJOEF trustees, AOA delegates and alternates; committee reports, foundation report and other matters that came before the house.
- The delegates approved a bylaws amendment expanding from one to three the number of Resident Directors on the Board of Directors.
- Delegates to the AOA House of Delegates will be elected for a two-year term instead of a four-year term.
- A delegate to the the AOA House of Delegates who misses two consecutive House meetings, will be ineligible for election to the delegation for one year.
- Delegates to the NJAOPS House of Delegates who miss two consecutive meetings will be removed from the delegation. Delegates may be reinstated at the next meeting they attend.
113th Fall Meeting of the House of Delegates, November 9, 2014
Speaker Paul Morris, DO called the 113th Fall Meeting of the NJAOPS House of Delegates for Sunday, November 9, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. The agenda included officer and committee reports, approval of the FY2015 budget and other matters that may come before the house. The meeting was held at NJAOPS headquarters in Monmouth Junction. Click here to view the agenda and President Todd Schachter, DO's report.
- Member support increased 8.5 percent in 2014.
- Approval of the 2015 budget.
- No membership dues increases in 2015 for the 11th straight year.
- Policy approved for the April 14, 2015 House of Delegates: resolutions must be submitted 75 days in advance and published 30 days in advance. A Committee on Rules and Order of Business will be created to consider resolutions submitted within 74 days of the meeting.
- Champion legislation for physician dispensing of nutraceuticals and vitamins to provide patients a complete range of treatment options.
- Resolutions Committee is preparing three resolutions for the April annual meeting. 1.) Expand from one to three the number of Resident Directors. 2.) Change the AOA House of Delegates term from four years to two years. A delegate that misses two consecutive AOA House meetings, will be ineligible for election to the delegation for one year. 3.) Automatic removal of NJAOPS House delegates if two consecutive meetings are missed. Delegates may be reinstated at the next meeting they attend.