The Journal is the quarterly publication of NJAOPS and serves as the voice of osteopathic medicine in the state of New Jersey.
Targeted toward osteopathic physicians who strive for excellence in their practices, The Journal communicates new treatments and clinical practices, provides insight into Trenton legislative action affecting osteopathic physicians and provides valuable information on health law issues, medical malpractice insurance and practice management innovations.
Summer 2011, Volume 110.2
In this issue:
- President’s Message. Newly installed NJAOPS's President Antonios Tsompanidis, DO shares his goals and vision for the upcoming year in an abridged version of his inaugural address given at AROC 2011.
- From the Executive Director. NJAOPS Executive Director Robert Bowen recounts the highlights of AROC 2011 and announces the recipients of this year's New Jersey Osteopathic Education Foundation scholarships.
- Capital Views. Government Affairs and Legislative Counsel Laurie Clark details the action taken in Trenton on several key bills this quarter.
- AROC 2011 Highlights. Revisit the highlights of AROC 2011 and get the first news of the 2012 convention.
- Managing Liability. NJAOPS medical liability insurance expert Timothy Hoover discusses important considerations you should take into account regarding your professional liability coverage when contemplating making the change from private practice to joining an ACO.
- The Professional Practice. Medical management experts Deborah R. Mathis, CPA, CHBC, and Michael S. Lewis, MBA, FACMPE, explain how careful evaluation of managed care contracts can help improve your bottom line.
- Member News. NJAOPS recognizes the latest acheivements of our members.