Start Date: 4/5/2017 7:00 AM EST
End Date: 4/8/2017 2:00 PM EST
Venue Name: Ballys and Caesars Atlantic City
Park Place and the Boardwalk
Event Website: www.aroc.org
Atlantic Regional Osteopathic Convention (AROC)
Date: April 5–8, 2017
Location: Bally’s and Caesars Atlantic City
Accreditation: AOA Category 1-A CME Credit, AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and AAFP Prescribed CME Credit.
CME Credits: This program is expected to offer attendees 31.5 AOA Category 1-A CME Credits.
Federal and State Education Mandates
The AROC 2017 program offers attendees mandatory education credits:
- HIPAA — HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules is an annual training requirement for all healthcare professionals at HIPAA covered entities.
- Florida — Five (5) mandatory hours are required as part of biannual Florida license renewal. Two (2) hours of domestic violence CME are required every six (6) years. Individual credits earned are included on your Florida credits report. Credits are submitted to Florida electronically if a license number is provided on the attendee's attestation.
- New Jersey — End-of-life patient care/POLST. Two (2) Category 1 credit hours are required for biannual New Jersey license renewal beginning June 2015 for physicians and advance practice nurses.
- New York — Two (2) hours of identification and reporting of child abuse CME for new licensees.
- Oklahoma — Sixteen (16) AOA Category 1-A CME credits and one (1) proper prescribing of controlled substances credit annually.
- Pennsylvania — Twelve (12) patient safety/risk management credit hours and Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training are required for Pennsylvania biannual license renewal. The Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training is the three (3) hour course which fulfills the requirement for all new and renewing professional licensees with credits submitted electronically directly to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
For more information, please visit www.aroc.org!