A Virtual Reality — Moving Forward with Technology
AROC officially going virtual for 2021! April 21st-24th, 2021!
To Register, Please Download Our Registration Form By Clicking Here at Either Faxing it to 732-940-8899 OR Email it to Pat McNamara at Pmcanamara@njosteo.com
To view the Program's Schedule, please click here.
Due to New Jersey’s current COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be able to safely and compliantly host AROC 2021 convention at the Hard Rock Hotel in Atlantic City this April. In order to serve our community of dedicated healthcare providers, we will provide an online experience, partnering once again with CE21 — an industry leader in the virtual conference technology field.
We are excited to welcome you back to one of the largest osteopathic medical convention in the world! Last year, we had 524 attendees attend virtually and we hope to see you April 21st through 24th. We enjoyed a successful and well-reviewed experience for AROC 2020 this past September, and we expect to provide even more innovation and engagement this year.
Members pay a LOW price of $595 and nonmembers $870! If you have NOT been an NJAOPS member since 2018, and you would like to become an active member, you can take advantage of a special deal: $920 for NJAOPS membership AND AROC 2021 registration! These prices ONLY will last until March 15th, 2021!
I'm Already Registered — What Do I need to Do?
If you have already registered for AROC 2021, whether in-person or virtually, you do not need to do anything. We will automatically transfer your registration to the on-line learning format from your original onsite format. If you would like to change your AROC 2021 registration, please reach out to Pat McNamara via email at email@example.com.
What If I Already Booked My Hotel?
If you have secured your hotel room at the Hard Rock, it will be automatically cancelled on your behalf, and any deposits made will be returned to you.
Reminders for CME in 2021
Just as a reminder, your New Jersey medical license is expiring June 30th, 2021! You MUST have 100 hours of continuing medical education credits of which 50 MUST BE Category 1-A CME Credits. You also will need 1 hour in Alternatives to Opioids and 2 Hours of End-of-Life. If you are affiliated with a hospital in New Jersey, you will also need 1 CME credit in HIPPA and 1 CME credit in Human Trafficking. All of these can be obtained at AROC 2021! If you hold a medical license in states such as Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Delaware, we also have your CME needs covered!
Not Registered Yet?
If you have not yet registered for the convention but would like to, please click here to download the latest registration form.
We appreciate your commitment and understanding as we all navigate these uncertain times. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. More information on AROC 2021’s schedule will be coming out shortly.
This year, we will have abundance of continuing medical education topics including:
- Keynote from Deputy Health Commissioner, David J. Adinaro, M.D.
- COVID-19 Vaccinations and What We Know Thus Far
- Four Hour Physician Leadership Training with physician leaders all over the country
- Hematology and Oncology Section presented by top oncologist in our tristate area
- Primary Care and Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Medicine
- And MORE!
AROC 2021'S SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED SHORTLY!
REGISTER TODAY! DOWNLOAD OUR REGISTRATION FORM BY CLICKING HERE AND FAXING IT TO 732-940-8899 OR EMAILING IT TO PAT MCNAMARA AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, this is the last year for New Jersey's CME Cycle (June 30th, 2021)
- You Need 100 CME Credits of Which 50 Must be Category 1-A
- 2 Hours of End-of-Life
- 1 Hour of Alternatives to Opioids
This is Also the Last Year in AOA's CME Cycle including Specialty Colleges' CME Requirements.
- Emergency Medicine (AOBEM)- 60 CME Credits
- Family Medicine (ACOFP)- 120 CME Credits
- Internal Medicine (AOBIM)- 60 CME Credits
- Neurology & Psychiatry (AOBNP)- 75 CME Credits
- Neuromusculoskeletal (AOBNMM)- 120 CME Credits
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (AOBOG)- 60 CME Credits
- Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)- 60 CME Credits
- Pediatrics (AOBP)- 60 CME Credits
- Physical Med & Rehab (AOBPMR)- 60 CME Credits
- Preventative Medicine (AOBPM)- 60 CME Credits
- Radiology (AOBR)- 60 CME Credits
- Surgery (AOBS)- 60 CME Credits
* Data based on Time-limited or non-time limited voluntarily participating in OCC.
To Obtain a Full CME Requirement List Based on Specialty, Please Click Here.
Federal and State Education Mandates
The AROC 2021 program offers attendees mandatory educational credits including but not limited to:
- HIPAA — HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules is an annual training requirement for all healthcare professionals at HIPAA covered entities.
- Florida — Five (7) mandatory hours are required as part of biannual Florida license renewal. Two (2) hours of domestic violence and two (2)Alternative to Opioids CME credits are required every six (6) years. Individual credits earned are included on your Florida credits report. Credits are submitted to Florida electronically if a license number is provided on the attendee's attestation.
- New Jersey — End-of-life patient care/POLST. Two (2) Category 1 credit hours are required for current New Jersey license cycle for physicians is July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019. Biannual New Jersey license renewal beginning June 2015 for advance practice nurses (APNs).
- New York — Two (2) hours of identification and reporting of child abuse CME for new licensees.
- Oklahoma — Sixteen (16) AOA Category 1-A CME credits and one (1) proper prescribing of controlled substances credit annually.
- Pennsylvania — Twelve (12) patient safety/risk management credit hours and Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training are required for Pennsylvania biannual license renewal. The Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training is the three (3) hour course which fulfills the requirement for all new and renewing professional licensees with credits submitted electronically directly to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
To Download the Full CME Requirement Guide By State, Please Click Here.
HARD ROCK HOTEL ROOM ACCOMMODATIONS
Hotel reservations are ONLY $85 per night (plus fees and taxes) starting on Monday, April 19th to and including Friday, April 23rd, 2021 .
To secure your hotel room at the Hard Rock Hotel, please click here.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Click here to read Hard Rock's SAFE + SOUND Protocols.
Click here to read the most current travel update.
Included in Your Hotel Room Is:
- High speed WiFi Internet Access
- Twenty-Four Hour access to the Body Rock Fitness Center
- Unlimited entry and exit into parking areas after initial feel has been paid
- Chair and Towel services at the indoor pool or seasonal beach area